To strive for comprehensive excellence by cultivating a vibrant culture of creativity, reliability, accountability, flexibility and teamwork, thus activating the full potential of our employees, customers, suppliers and communities.
- To provide superior levels of service throughout the supply chain, fulfilling our core commitment to customers.
- To create a climate that motivates and nurtures the generation of new ideas.
- To constructively engage employees, emphasizing enterprise-wide communication and learning.
- To contribute beneficially to our communities and society, as a whole, as a responsible corporate citizen.
Toyota Tsusho America, Inc. (TAI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation, which was founded as a trading and supply-chain specialist of the Toyota Group. TAI has been operating in North America since 1961. Over the past four decades, it has evolved from a trader in a limited number of commodities and finished goods to a multi-business enterprise.
As a multi-business enterprise, TAI combines international trading with an expansive range of domestically targeted functions (eg. supply-chain services, intermediate goods processing, etc.). Our operating divisions pursue a broad mix of business opportunities related to both industrial and consumer products and services.
- 1953 Toyoda Tsusho Kaisha, Ltd. opens a buying office for cotton in Dallas
- 1961 Toyoda New York, Inc. established in New York City. Major activity: exporting machine tools to Japan
- 1973 Company name is changed to Toyoda America, Inc.
- 1986 Company opens an office in Kentucky, precursor to the present-day expansive Georgetown campus
- 1987 Company name changed to Toyota Tsusho America, Inc.
- 1990 Company acquired its first subsidiary - Feroleto Steel Company
- 1994 Consolidated annual sales exceed $1 Billion
- 1999 Company relocates its headquarters to Kentucky
- 2000 Merger of Kasho (U.S.A.), Inc. into Company
- 2006 Business integration with Tomen America, Inc.; consolidated net sales exceed $4 Billion